Saturday, January 14, 2012

Writer's Commentary- Everybody's Fool

On Post: Everybody’s Fool
Date: January 6
I write terrible poetry. I really, really do. So for this, I decided to run towards that reality; to embrace it. The result, I think, it is pretty dead on bad adolescent poetry.
It is not, admittedly, a particularly creative interpretation of the inspiration material. It is, essentially, just a slightly less harsh take on it. In the song, Amy of Evanescence is clearly just straight angry at the man she is singing about/ mooning over. In the poem, our POV person’s angry front breaks down far more easily into the “Only I can love you right. Please love me.”
But yeah, if you are a bad poet, embrace it, and make it work for you.

My explanation not ring true? Do you have questions that this piece left unanswered? Reach out and touch me at tim.g.stevens@gmail.com or @ungajje on the Twitter. And, as always, spread the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment